Time & Location
Sep 13, 2022, 9:00 AM – Sep 14, 2022, 5:00 PM
Utrecht, Vlampijpstraat 94, 3534 AR Utrecht, Netherlands
About the event
Are you a start-up or young business with a brilliant circular economy idea, and are you now looking for a first or second round of investment and focused professional expertise to be able to further accelerate? Not sure how to further refine your idea to convince investors? Team up with Innnoboost, the global innovation collective boosting the development and commercialisation of circular economy solutions.
We’ll take you on a co-creation journey, solving real business dilemmas and will help you create a convincing pitch to investors, building on our experience.
During the Innoboost Investment Summercamp you will boost and accelerate your Circular Economy* solution, by:
- refining your business value proposition and investor pitch
- validating and optimising your business value proposition and
- creating a convincing pitch for potential investors
The agenda will feature pitch “presentations”, Dragon’s Den-style appraisals, working sessions and coaching sessions. As well as eating and drinking together and lots of fun of course!
Our Summercamp will have three stages:
Stage 1: Refining your Value Proposition
- Setup: on 4 and 5 July 2022, either in person in Utrecht or virtually, a team of Innoboost experts will help you sharpen and refine your business value proposition so that it is ready to pitch to potential investors.
- In a short sprint, you will sharpen and improve your investors pitch, supported by a team of Innoboost experts. You will systematically check if all elements have been properly considered, are consistent and connected with one another. We will also help you to surface any risky assumptions and, if needed, design a validation experiment.
- You will get an external view from Innoboost experts, who will be your wise guides through the process and bring in their learnings and deep experience from working with start-ups and investors.
- The agenda will feature introductory presentations, working sessions, coaching sessions and will cover the requirements of a good Information Memorandum (IM).
- Deliverables: At the end of these two days, you will have: a list of risky assumptions that need to be validated and insight on what is needed to create an investor pitch and Information Memorandum
Stage 2: Summerboosting your Value Proposition
- During the summer (July/August) you will have the opportunity to validate and further sharpen your business value proposition, based on the learnings gathered, and supported by Innoboost wise guides, who will regularly check in with you on progress. You will create your draft business pitch for investors (Information Memorandum and supporting documents). The Innoboost team is available for check-in sessions.
- Deliverables: At the end of this stage, you will have: further validated and sharpened your business value proposition and you will have created a draft business pitch.
Stage 3: Crafting your Pitch for Investment
- Setup: in a 2-day intensive, immersive bootcamp on 13 and 14 September 2022 in our Circular Innovation Lab in Utrecht, you will be bringing all your learnings together to build a strong, compelling and convincing pitch to communicate and market your business to potential investors
- You will work and learn alongside a selective group of start-ups during this intense yet fun programme, rehearsing to bring your pitch to life
- The moment you have waited for: on the last day you will present the improved pitch directly to investors, who will share their feedback and maybe a follow invitation to further explore ....
- The agenda will feature pitch presentations, Dragon’s Den-style appraisals, working sessions and coaching sessions. As well as eating and drinking together and lots of fun of course!
- Deliverables: At the end of these two days, you will have received direct feedback from investors on your pitch presentation and documentation to allow you to refine these further.
You are very welcome to sign up if you are a:
- Start-up / scale-up Business with a Circular Economy* oriented Value Proposition
- Based in Europe and able to travel to Utrecht/Netherlands on own costs
- Comfortable in English as a business language
- Looking for first or second-round investment (in the range of 0.5m-5m Euros)
Participation fee: 5000 Euro per company. Please note that you will have to pay for your own travel arrangements and 2 nights accomodation in Utrecht in September.
*We consider a “circular economy” value proposition to be one which respects the principles of the circular economy: an economy in which stakeholders collaborate in order to maximise the value of products and materials, and as such contribute to minimising the depletion of natural resources and create positive societal and environmental impact.
For more information, please contact us:
Christiaan Kraaijenhagen (+31610886085), email@example.com
Peter Fischer Brown (+44 7976 783862)